Monday, May 12, 2008

TiECON Creates new Opportunities

I have been associating with TiECON since 2003, when I was trying to establish a career path in US. I happened to attend a seminar on “Job hunting in Silicon Valley” held by TiECON, which led me to volunteer in the registrations team for the annual conference. The multitude of synergy that I witnessed in the TiECON annual conference was amazing. Entrepreneurs, VCs, students and job seekers; all had an instrumental role to play. Tie opened doors for meeting dynamic professionals and networking events. I was fascinated by the number of developers, testers and marketing professionals whom I met there. The chocolate fondue fountains, lavish breakfasts and most magnificent gala at the end of the event were exciting and unforgettable. I successfully established important professional contacts and met several entrepreneurs and VCs. This conference exposed me to the unbounded options that any individual can have. More than anything, rubbing shoulders with young enthusiastic professionals gave me the confidence that if they can do it, I can do it to.

I attend on-going seminars and events held by this organization. The panel discussions give me a strong flavor of what is happening in the technology industry. The yearly Diwali gala held in Bellevue by the TiE Seattle chapter was a lot of fun to be at. It is the focused effort of people from various walks of life and the beauty of networking that makes TiECON a highly beneficial event to be at.

TiE has been very open to volunteer opportunities, and long distance has not been a challenge by any means. In 2007 I got the opportunity to volunteer for the TiECON Marketing team, trying to market the booths and manage the annual conference arrangements. It was quite overwhelming to get an idea of the expenses and effort that goes into pulling this together every year. I was contributing from Seattle and the experience was still very rewarding. TiE is truly a global body and dedicated at fostering an infrastructure for implementing new ideas.

I got the opportunity to network with the CEO of Mobideos Inc. at TiECON annual conference and got engaged in their marketing division. Today, I aspire to take the company to new heights and achieve vertical growth. As everyone thinks TiECon is more for entrepreneurs, but in fact it is a great place for professionals too, where you can apply the ideas in large companies. fun fun....

No comments: